Budgie - Focused On Simplicity And Elegance
Designed with the modern user in mind,
Focused on simplicity and elegance.
Budgie is the flagship desktop of the Solus Operating System and is part of the Solus Project. Designed with the modern user in mind, it focuses on simplicity and elegance. Written from scratch with integration in mind, the Budgie desktop tightly integrates with the GNOME stack, employing underlying technologies to offer an alternative desktop experience.
Customizing your desktop has never been simpler. Right from Raven, you are able to change your widget theme, icon theme, global dark theming, as well as in-depth modification to panels.
With the Panel settings section, you can choose where the panel and its inner applets are located, as well as granular control over individual applet settings.
RavenBudgie ships with an applet, notification and customization center referred to as Raven.
Raven enables you to:
- Easily access calendar information, sound volume, media player controls, and more via Applets view.
- Manage incoming application and system notifications via Notifications view
- Customize your Budgie and system experience by enabling you to:
- Toggle system-wide Dark theme.
- Change GTK and icon theming
- Add, remove, and modify Budgie panels, their properties as well as their displayed applets.
- Obtain quick access to system settings and power options such as restart, suspend, and shutdown.
The Budgie desktop environment offers an intuitive menu that enables quick access to your installed programs, offering both category and compact views.